On Wednesday Feb 1st 2017, Dr Michael Moseley on the BBC Two television show “Trust Me I’m a Doctor” unveiled some ground-breaking science, in the form of an experiment to determine whether probiotics and Kefir can actually alter gut bacteria and improve health.
The overwhelming conclusion was that a little-known probiotic drink called kefir created statistically significant results for gut health.
So what makes it so special?
At Chuckling Goat we’ve been making kefir in the traditional style since 2011. Here are a few things that you may not know about this now scientifically-proven medical miracle food:
1. This fermented milk drink made from living kefir grains that originally came from the Caucasus Mountains in Russia. You can’t manufacture a kefir grain – grains only grow from other grains. NO ONE KNOWS where the first kefir grain came from. A real live mystery!
2. It is similar in taste and consistency to drinking yogurt, but it’s a lot more medically powerful. Yogurt contains “transient bacteria,” that gets killed off by the digestive process. Kefir contains “non-transient bacteria”, that survives the digestive process and re-populates the gut with the good bugs it needs for health.
3. The best base for production is goats milk, as cow’s milk is highly allergenic for human beings, and is a known trigger for eczema and other autoimmune conditions.
4. It is helpful for many autoimmune conditions, allergic and inflammatory conditions, including eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, acne, IBS, asthma, diabetes, Crohn’s and colitis.
5. Always look for it to be made in the traditional style, with real kefir “grains.” It can be made with a powdered sachet, but the result will not be as powerful as those made with grains.
Traditionally made goats milk kefir, ready to drink, can be shipped to your door is available from www.chucklinggoat.co.uk.
You can watch a video explaining more about kefir, and how it can help you, here: https://www.chucklinggoat.co.uk/product/the-good-skin-solution/