Now you have signed up to Vitto you are well on your way to a healthy happier life! Throughout the course you will begin to learn what a healthy, balanced diet will look like.
The real question is: How do you consistently eat healthy in real life? Everyone knows what it’s like to ‘Work late’ and ‘Be on my feet nonstop all day’. If those excuses sound all too familiar then this is the guide for you and by following these meal prep strategies you will be able to have a fridge stocked with fast, healthy options even when life is manic.
Tip 1: Look Ahead
Look Ahead for busy days in the coming week and prepare meals that you can take to work or out the fridge to combat those snacks and fast food replacements.
Tip 2: Shop for Ingredients
Plan out what meals you are going to make through the week. This way you will always have the ingrdiants for your meals and will less likely make impulsive purcahses of crisps and cakes in the supermarket.
Tip 3: Cook for the week
Cook time consuming meal components in bulk ready for the week ahead e.g. chicken, veggies, and potatoes.
Tip 4: Store it conveniently
Pack your prepped food in stackable clear containers and make them accessible in the fridge
Tip 5: Make a Menu
Jot down ideas for your pre prepped meals. This will maintain motivation and consistency due to a vairtey of meals.
No need to try all these strategies at once. Start slow, and do what works for you. Once you get into a rhythm, prepping meal in advance is really easy.
Example Meal: Healthy Chicken and Veggies
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 cup plum tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper optional
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-4 cups of Rice (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil and set aside.
- Chop up the chicken into ½ inch pieces and place in the baking dish along with your veggies. Sprinkle all the spices and garlic evenly over the chicken and veggies. Drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the veggies are charred and chicken is tender.
- Place 1/2 or 1 cup of cooked rice of choice into 4 individual meal prep containers. Divide chicken and veggies evenly on top of the rice. Cover and store in the fridge for up to 5 days or freezer up to 2 months.
For more information on personal training, tips and advice send me an email on email@example.com