A blog post from Lewis Parnum, Fitness Coach here at Odyssey Health Club…
Over the last few years I have dealt with injury setbacks, teaching me some valuable life lessons after ignoring aspects of health outside of the gym. This made me question what it means to be a healthy human being on a holistic level, taking all areas of life into consideration including following a healthy diet.
Today, I want to share with you some information about Cacao…
Certified Raw Organic Cacao Powder. The fruit of the cacao tree contains a small bean from which all chocolate is made. The Mayan Civilization worshipped the Cocoa tree by giving it the name Cocoa, which means “Food of the Gods”.
What are the benefits?
- Cacao is an incredible health food in its natural state, filled with energy-boosting nutrients. It has 40x the amount of antioxidants of blueberries.
- Contains Theobromine, a mild non-addictive stimulants which can be used to treat depression.
- Highest plant based source of Iron.
- Full of magnesium for a healthy heart and brain.
- More calcium than cow’s milk.
- High fibre content to keep you feeling fuller for longer.
Ways you can incorporate it into your ‘Vitto’ Lifestyle:
As Cacao Powder is mostly comprised of fats and protein, while containing only 4g of carbs per 7g tablespoon serving, it can easily be incorporated into the ‘Vitto’ approach.
It can be put into smoothies, coffee or consumed as a healthy hot chocolate using hot water and a dash of almond milk. Adding a sprinkle of cacao powder to your yoghurt or even replacing any chocolate in a recipe for cacao are others ways you can experience the amazing health benefits of this superfood.
Where can I buy it?
You can purchase Raw Organic Cacao Powder at most health foods stores such as Holland & Barrett or online via websites such as Amazon.